Sunday, August 8, 2010

Closing Thoughts on Servant Leadership

As I close this series on Servant Leadership I am compelled to say that Servant Leadership is definitely not for everyone. First and foremost, it requires a personal relationship with God and an extraordinary love for others that extends beyond ourselves. Without the love of God and the Holy Spirit guiding us, anyone attempting to commit to Servant Leadership in their own strength and on their own terms is doomed to fail and cause frustration in their life and the lives over whom they influence. Committing to Servant Leadership requires doing things God’s way, in God’s timing, as taught in the Bible, if there is to be any hope of true success.

I believe with every fiber of my being there is a God and my life is in His hands. I encourage readers to do what I did at the age of twenty-one, invite Him into your heart to take control…then see what He does to get you through life’s challenges. I’m thankful to Him for the blessings He has bestowed upon us and the gifts and talents He has given us in order to be munificent to others. Leadership is one of these gifts and I pray this series of blog posts is profitable to you and to your career.

As a registered facilitator of the Lead Like Jesus Encounter Workshops, I am available to lead groups from your church, business or non-profit in a one-day discovery journey where you will learn from the Bible what it truly means to be a Servant Leader. If this sounds like something that is of interest to you or your organization, please feel free to contact me so we can discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment