Friday, August 13, 2010

Opportunities and Redemption Abound on the Internet

Ever since my position was eliminated in December 2009 due to the recession, more doors of opportunity have opened for me than I ever imagined. First there was the public speaking engagement at AITP, then invitations to meet new friends for coffee or breakfast that may not have happened otherwise, frequent opportunities to discuss my book with people; and finally, becoming a registered facilitator of the Lead Like Jesus Encounter Workshop. All of this because of the Internet. (Then there’s also the Executive Consortium in which I have a leadership role, but more on that in a future post.)

This week I was introduced to a yet another new opportunity and even made a new friend because of it. Ken Whatmore from Colorado is my new friend. I’ve never met Ken in person to shake his hand, nor do I know if we’ll ever be in the same place together at the same time to actually meet in person. We have spoken on the phone and corresponded with each other, yet I know Ken will be a life long friend. Why? Because He’s a true brother in Christ!

This past Tuesday, Ken posted this challenge in the Christian Professionals Worldwide group on LinkedIn: “Share your story - How you came to know Christ and how He has changed your life. Make a difference in a life by sharing! We'll record a show that airs Sundays at 7pm MTN on http://www.radio323.com.”

I responded to Ken’s inquiry with a brief synopsis of how I came to know Christ as my personal Savior in May of 1976. I got saved under the most unusual circumstances in which God spoke very directly and personally to me from the Scriptures. I learned of my hopeless condition as a fallen human being and unregenerate sinner; and Jesus saved me. While my testimony is too long to share here, the full story is on our family website at: http://www.fontlife.com/victor/testimony.aspx .

As the Director of Radio323, Ken asked if I would share my testimony with his listening audience. We recorded the show Wednesday morning. I spoke for about 30 minutes. The show, called “Redemption,” airs Sunday evening on the internet to a global audience. I’m sure you’ve heard of Doctors Without Borders, well Ken’s vision for his radio platform defines the term Ministry Without Borders.

Ken says, “I am developing what God really put on my heart—a community outreach ministry. A new kind of outreach though developing networks of business groups, student groups, community groups on one side of the coin and on the other, networks of Christian ministry and outreach organizations who need volunteers.” He adds, “this new show 'Redemption' is really getting at the heart of the radio ministry…”

Ken has been Director of the radio station since January of 2010 after leaving a long career in the automotive industry. Radio323 frequently broadcasts messages from Christian Professional Athletes and Celebrities. I am grateful that he has included me among this list of distinguished guests. For more information or to lend support to this vital endeavor, please visit http://www.radio323.com. And don’t forget to listen to my appearance on Redemption this Sunday night at 7pm Mountain and 9pm Eastern.

No comments:

Post a Comment